What is a Fanuc Spindle Drive Alarm 12?
A Fanuc Spindle Drive Alarm 12 Code is issued by the CNC when it detects an abnormally large current flowed into the direct current link of the main power circuit. Here is the Fanuc Alarm 12 Code in detail:
|12||Over current in DC link section|
The Alarm Code 12 detects flow of abnormally large current in the direct current section of the power circuit.
Fanuc Alarm 12 covers the following Spindle Drive product series:
|Product Series||Popular Parts|
Browse our selection of new and refurbished A06B-6062 Spindle Drives.
Explore our inventory of Fanuc A06B-6063.
See more Fanuc A06B-6064 Drives.
If your unit falls under the A06B-6062, A06B-6063, or A06B-6064 product series and has generated a Fanuc Alarm 12, TIE can help identify some of the potential causes.
Diagnosing a Fanuc Spindle Drive Alarm 12 Code
If a Fanuc Alarm 12 Code is issued immediately after a spindle rotation command is specified:
- Check for a short-circuit between the motor power leads. Faulty motor power leads may be generating the Alarm 12 and ought to be replaced.
- Determine whether or not the motor is short-circuited to ground. If the motor is short-circuited to ground, this indicates an insulation failure in the motor winding.
- Find out the specific parameters of the drive motor and make sure they are correctly set.
- The SPM may be faulty due to a destroyed power element (IGBT, IPM). Investigate the condition of the SPM and, if the unit is faulty, replace it.
If the Alarm 12 is generated during spindle rotation:
- Make sure the specific parameters of your drive motor are correctly set.
- A power element (IGBT, IPM) may be destroyed. Investigate the condition of the SPM and, if the unit is faulty, replace it.
- Check the spindle sensor signal waveform. If a speed sensor signal error is discovered, make an adjustment or replace the sensor.
Need Help With Your Fanuc CNC? TIE Can Help.
If your CNC displays a Fanuc Spindle Drive Alarm 12, TIE offers free tech support to help you diagnose Fanuc alarm codes. TIE can also deliver fast, reliable repair services for your faulty spindle drive or you can purchase a newly refurbished unit.
Get your Fanuc CNC machine back up and running.
TIE offers same day shipping on more than 100,000 Fanuc CNC parts in stock. We offer a 1 year in service warranty on all parts and repairs.Shop Parts
Was this helpful?
15 / 2